Thursday, May 13, 2010

Space Shuttle Inches Closer To Extinction

It's been big news in recent months that the President wants to take the Space program in a new direction. Because of that, the Shuttle program has found itself on the chopping block. But I find myself digressing from my main subject, and that is that the Space Shuttle Atlantis is making it's very last scheduled flight into space tomorrow afternoon. I've gone through and found some links to follow about the history of the shuttle Atlantis and some spotting times when you can find the shuttle and the ISS(international space station) in the sky.
For those of you who are like me, it is sad to see the shuttles go. Many believe like me as well, that cancelling the shuttle program completely is ill advised. But this is a subject that I am not educated on the subject. What this does do, however, is open up a real opportunity for the private space travel industry to establish itself, and this is a good thing, to a point. That point is subject of another post. What I'm really trying to say is that this launch and the last launch scheduled for sometime in November mark both the end of one era, and the beginning of another.

Enjoy the links below!
Image Courtesy of NASA.GOV 

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment