Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Requisite

Yes, I feel that it is required of me to post everyday, even if the subject I choose seems totally arbitrary. I paid the money for a domain, so now I gotta use it I guess......

Any way, today's obligatory post finds itself in the middle of a cool new sci fi series on ABC, simply titled "V". Without taking too much time to explain what it is about(I gotta go to bed), V stands for visitor in the series. The plot line is fairly simple in theory. I'll try to explain it the way the truest valley girl would know how (simply because that would be easiest for me). "So, like, there are these people, the human race or something like that, and one day, like, these alien ships come out of nowhere, and totally fly their ships into earth. Then the bottom of the ship, like totally turned into a mirror or TV, and this woman started talking to the humans. So like, the humans tell the aliens that we're their friends and stuff(say that like a question), but the aliens really aren't. It was, like totally weird stuff."

And now, to spare you the annoying valley girl speak. Simply put, V is a smart series that has the potential to go for a good seven or eight seasons on TV. It's a very engrossing show. The writers seem to be pacing everything very well. They give us enough new plot every show to keep you pumped up, but at the same time they don't let cat out of the bag to soon either. The writers seem to have a trick up their sleeves every show so far, but the real magic will be to keep it that way. Like I say, there can be life in V for a long time coming, but the writers really have a big job to keep things moving and building.

0 comments:

Post a Comment