Monday, April 5, 2010

New Rasmussen Poll Shows People Don't know What They're Talking About

Yes, I did say that. The people at large tend to have a pack mentality. I'll admit that it's always tempting to follow the crowd. Now let me explain what I mean.

This new poll says that 48% of voters feel closer to the Tea Party than to Obama, while only 44% say that they feel closer to Obama than the Tea Party. It show pretty much an even split, if you count the usual margin of error. I kept reading the poll as it went through the related questions it asked. It got down to comparing the Tea Party to teachers. Lots of teachers belong to teachers unions. The poll mentioned that the most voters favor Tea Party over unions, while they favor Teachers over Tea Party. I found it a little confusing. A lot of what people may say about usual teachers in our nation is hearsay, it seems a little off balance for people to seeming favor and dislike the same things. At least teachers and unions go together in my mind. They get together to protest that they aren't getting paid enough, they need better benefits and so on, and many places have unions. I'd believe teachers more if what I heard out of them was insight on how to improve the education system. And harping on raises is not the end all, be all, of public schooling fixes.

People believe teachers more because that's what society says we should do. That's all there is to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment