Sunday, February 14, 2010

Learning to enjoy life

Well, to say that the last few weeks have been easy ones is a slight understatement. However, it hasn't been miserable either. As some of you may know, I'm making a drastic change in what I thought my career would turn out to be. My many interests have revolved around history/politics and construction. Little did I know that I would end up studying to become a CNA(certified nurse assistant). I plan to go back to school probably right after getting a job as a CNA to be an RN.

So far it's been enjoyable an fulfilling working to be a CNA. Many people see it as a job where you have to deal with really nasty things, and you do, but the real fulfillment comes from knowing that I'm helping someone to a better quality of life. It's a job that needs to be done.

A lot of what I get to do now has always been shrouded in mystery for me. You may be asking what real skill does someone need to be a nurse assistant. But the coolest skill I've picked up so far is learning how to measure blood pressure. So if you want to know your blood pressure on a whim, you know who to ask!

The next coolest thing is that I get to wear scrubs. These things are ridiculously comfortable. I wear them not only in clinical's but also at home all the time. You can't ask for a better type of clothing.

But in all seriousness now, I'm really grateful for all the different tidbits of medical knowledge that I'm soaking up and can use as I go to school, as well as at home. Anyway, time to stop gushing. Other cool stuff is as follows:

  • Brother Aaron comes home from LDS mission in Houston in March
That's it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment