Friday, June 26, 2009

The Cap & Trade Crap

I am very opinionated, for the reason that I feel that I need to be. Why must one always be opinionated? Because it is needed for one's survival. And I could argue that an opinion is founded in values and personal morals and therefore the lifeblood of the way someone makes decisions. If we had no compass that tells us how to make decisions, then we would have a race so passive that no one would have the will to live.
That being said, I have an opinion to share. The Cap & Trade bill will be the single largest tax increase in the history of the country. You can look at wikipedia on the subject and see how impossibly complicated it is to explain the "science" of regulating carbon dioxide emission, handing out pollution credits, trading them, making us pay for the "allowance" to use pollution and so on. How convoluted have our so called leaders become to think that they can do this.
We need to look at what produces carbon dioxide before we can tax it's use. We know that cars produce it, but what else will be driven out of business, I ask? Well, for one example, the beef and dairy industry will go up in smoke, driving many who rely on beef and cattle out of business because of the amount of money they would end up paying our lovely dictators in Washington. Apparrently the cows poop too much. Why, I breath every day and produce what Pelosi wants to tax. Why don't they just tax my body and get it over with.
I know I'm sounding histerical and seem to be overreacting, but I am not. So much industry is just going to be replaced. With all the regulation that would happen here, we would see a shift from automotive and agricultural jobs to jobs that mostly do with shutting every it all down. What will happen when lots of the economy is so overtaxed that most of it goes out of business? Will there be anything to regulate and "make green"? I say that even though in the short term there will be new jobs, but in the long run, we won't even have an economy because of this.
Some of you may argue this, but I would like to point out that if a government-controlled economy is considered a free market or even a real working economy, I beg to differ. If it is by the whim of our government that we can buy and sell goods, invent, build and so on, is that really an economy, or is it the government just "dispensing priviledges?
The Senate needs to see from beginning to end on this issue. If they are as power hungry as Obama or Pelosi are, we are in deep trouble. The Senate is our last stand against this tyranny.

0 comments:

Post a Comment